Friday, April 3, 2009

What does "Better Hands Now" mean, anyway?

Last fall, I heard Natalie Grant perform at the Women of Faith Conference in Anaheim. She has a beautiful voice, really strong and powerful, but with an incredible sweetness. One of the songs that really stood out was "In Better Hands". It's a song about coming to the end of yourself and handing over to God the things that you'd really rather try to hold tightly in your own control. When you do, you see that those things are in much "better hands" than they ever were before. I wouldn't fully appreciate the truth of that song until Reese was diagnosed with testicular cancer about a month later. My favorite lyrics from the song are:

I am strong all because of you
I stand in awe of every mountain that you move
Oh I am changed, yesterday is gone
I am safe from this moment on
There's no fear when the night comes 'round
I'm in better hands now

No comments:

Post a Comment